Saturday, July 25, 2009

I can't believe I did that!!!


Anything for a shot. That's my M.O. Today I was photographing downtown on the landing and it looked like rain. My client had an umbrella in her car. The great thing is that the umbrella matched her cute little VW Bug. I planned to return to the car when she changed into the outfit that would match the car. We discussed that we would use the umbrella at the car for some fun shots. We walked our way down to the river front and at that point she laid her umbrella on the ground nearby. We continued our session and I noticed a family in orange shirts also nearby taking snapshots. It was not till we finished by the river that my client went to pick up her umbrella and she said,"where is my umbrella?" I remembered the family in orange just next to us so I looked around the corner and there was a woman with the yellow umbrella. I walked up to their group while they were taking some more snapshots of the family on the statue. I walked between the person with the camera and the family on the statue and said, "excuse me I saw you had our umbrella and I would like to have it back." A woman said "where was it". I said "it was just around the corner on the ground". At that time another woman lifted her hand and gave me the umbrella. I said, "thank you". Then I turned away and began to walk. The woman shouted, "you should not have laid it down". I guess that she figured it was hers as she picked it up. I wanted to say you should not have stolen it but I just kept walking away. My heart was beating so hard. I can't believe I did that!!! It was important that we had the umbrella so we could get the shot with the umbrella and the car. Well all's well that ends well. See the shot below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment about this post...